The UW-Madison wireless network service provides users with fast and convenient access to web-based services. It is available in most campus buildings, listed as “UWNet”. Users need to select the network and open a web browser to be redirected to the login page. Simply login with your NetID and password to start using the wireless network.
- Login only once per semester
- Connect to wireless from most campus buildings
- Uses secure authentication to protect users' NetIDs and passwords
When connecting to UWNet, you’ll have three login options:
- NetID Authentication: A valid NetID is required
- Residence Halls Network (ResNet): Provides an Ethernet network connection to students living in University residence halls
- Guest Authentication: For guests of campus, such as conference attendees and visiting professors (Access your Guest NetID)
WiscVPN is strongly recommended when you access the wireless network.
When you first connect to UWNet you will be automatically redirected to the UWNet registration page. This page will offer two options for registration—one for current affiliates of the university and a second option for guests.