Centrex is the main telephone service used by UW-Madison. DoIT is responsible for supporting all aspects of the telephone service including infrastructure, voicemail, and recommendations for telephone sets.
- Full-service installation of lines and phones in University offices
- Easy to order and manage telephone services for your department/office
- Fast 5-digit dialing within campus
- Call transfer and call waiting
- Up to 6-way conferencing
- Automatic call back
- Teleconference service
- Calling cards
- Basic telephone line (installation, changes, and disconnection)
- ISDN line configuration
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) configuration
If you're looking for paging service and equipment, please visit the Department of Administration website for non-mandatory contracts.
Telephone service must be ordered through a registered user. Please note: orders have a 2-3 week turnaround.
|Option||Monthly Fee||Installation Fee|
|Basic Telephone Line||$17.18/line/month||Installation and disconnection fees vary. Please see detailed fees for more information.|
Note: You will be billed until you cancel the account. All charges will be made to a campus funding string (e.g., 144-PRJ-AA00-A-11-2222-1). Bills arrive monthly for usage and annually for telephone service.
- New user? Register as a new authorized user or Look up the authorized user in your department.
- Place an order for landline services. If you have several orders, use the Large Order spreadsheet (Excel).
- Purchase a desktop phone
- If needed, install a voice/data jack via the Physical Plant Electric Shop (608-263-3333).
- For campus directory assistance, press "0" on a campus (Centrex) phone or call 608-262-1234.