Provides comprehensive enterprise-level support for UW-Madison’s information technology infrastructure. Servers housed in DoIT’s two data centers support critical services like My UW-Madison, Bucky Backup, WiscMail, and payroll and accounting systems.
Two Data Center facilities (one staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week) maintain the connectivity of the UW-Madison campus network and monitor other networks such as BOREAS-Net, a regional network that serves UW-Madison and research institutions in Minnesota and Iowa.
- Maintains high standards for security, access control, and reliability
- Backup cooling water systems are available in the event of a failure of the campus chilled water supply.
- Generators and uninterruptible power supplies provide backup in the event of utility power failure
- Backup systems are in place for cooling and electric power
- Redundant infrastructure provides a high level of service availability
- Staff are knowledgeable about operation and administration of “architected, standardized” hardware, application, networks, environmental, and software technologies
- Data Center space for siting user hardware and/or
- Monitoring servers and services
- Incident management
Service Level Agreements can be tailored to specific needs. Rates are based on cost recovery, are economically priced, and individually negotiated based on unique IT needs.