My WebSpace is a web-accessible file storage system provided by the Division of Information Technology (DoIT) to UW Madison students, faculty and staff. My WebSpace provides 1 gigabyte of disk space that allows you to store copies of important documents (e.g. homework, notes, papers, theses, dissertations, graphics). Simply upload work projects, data and other files, and then retrieve them from any computer with Internet access.
Ways to Use My WebSpace
- Personal Accounts, available at no cost to all students, faculty and staff
- Group Directories, available for use by campus departments and groups
My WebSpace Features
- File Storage – My WebSpace allows you to save your files on a server that you can easily access online from anywhere.
- Web Publishing – My WebSpace supports basic web publishing using a web content folder.
- File Sharing – Each user of My WebSpace can share a file or folder with an individual or group of individuals.
My WebSpace allows easy access (uploads, downloads, etc.) to your files from any computer on the Internet that has a supported browser, such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Safari, etc. You can also use My WebSpace as a Drag & Drop Folder via WebDAV (Web-based file transfer). Supported operating systems for WebDAV are Windows 98, Windows 2000, XP, NT and Vista, and Macintosh OS X.
- To create your account, please go to My WebSpace and login using your NetID* and password.* You will be presented with a private folder, which will be for file storage and file sharing, and a web folder.
- To create a website, upload your index.html file to the web folder (not to the private folder). The url for your website will be http://mywebspace.wisc.edu/netid/web. Where netid is your University of Wisconsin – Madison NetID.*
By logging in and using this service you agree to use the service only in a manner that is consistent with the University of Wisconsin’s Information Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
*If you need a NetID and password go to the NetID activation page