UPDATED: July 11, 2012, 7:28 p.m.
The Tier 1 VMWare storage outage has been resolved and affected services should be functional at this time.
Due to the complicated nature of this event there may be lingering issues that we haven’t yet identified. Please contact the DoIT Help Desk to report any problems you may be experiencing.
Many thanks to the Virtualization Team, Storage Team, System Administrators, Application Administrators, Service Management Team, Help Desk and others who worked to resolve this incident.
UPDATED: July 11, 2012, 3:55 p.m.
The Tier 1 VMWare storage at the DoIT Data Center and the WARF Data Center is down. The following services may be affected:
- DoIT (Techstore) Catalog Application
- DoIT Enterprise Wiki
- DoIT Outage Page / UW System Outage Page Service
- Ext Requisition Number Generator
- GoPrint Service
- JEMS – Job Listing Website Application
- KB (Help Desk Knowledge Base) Information Repository
- Learn@UW Login page (alternative NetID login)
- PSST-Project Startup Status and Tools
- Point of Sale (Tech Store) (POS) Service
- Post Graduation Plans Survey Tool
- Shared Web Hosting – Linux (LAMP)
- Shared Web Hosting – Windows IIS 6
- Shared Web Hosting – Windows IIS 7
- Terminated Employee Access Removal (TEAR)
- UW MADISON KNOWLEDGEBASE (KB) Service
- UW Service Center Website Service
- WISC – Wisconsin Integrated Software Catalog
- Wisconsin Alumni Association Acumium CMS
- WiscIT – Wisconsin IT Service Manager Service
- WiscIT API
Repairs are progressing and we hope to start bringing affected servers (and services) back online very shortly. Thank you for your understanding and patience during this event. We will continue to provide updates as this incident progresses.