Software and Load Testing
The cost of fixing an application problem in production is generally four times the cost of fixing it in test. Software testing can:
- Remove defects
- Increase system reliability
- Reduce your application costs
Load testing before deployment can provide managers with greater confidence for a successful “go-live,” especially for software projects that:
- Expect high user volume
- Have high visibility
- Are highly complex
Here’s how SALT can help you maximize the quality of your software development project:
Experience: SALT promotes proven testing methodologies and automated testing tools. Consultants can aid in functional, regression and load testing of Web-based applications.
Services: SALT provides access to these tools and services:
- Testing software (Oracle Application Test Suite, for functional testing, load testing and test management)
- Self-help documentation
- Hands-on consultation and training
- Testing web application security and accessibility (UW-Madison only)
Cost: There is no charge for using the testing software. Consultation time for testers and test management is charged out at regular hourly DoIT staff rates. To request online access to the service and accompanying tools, please visit the SALT Registration Application.
Contact the SALT Team with your questions. We’re here to help.